05 April 2019
← From the Deputy Principal
From the Deputy Principal
ANZAC Day Service and Inter-House Cross Country
The St Patrick's College Inter-House Cross Country Carnival will be held on Wednesday, 24 April at Curlew Park. Please find following important information regarding the event.
PLEASE NOTE: On the morning of Wednesday, 24 April we will be holding our annual ANZAC Day Liturgy in Moora Park
ANZAC Day Service
- 8:30am - students assemble in House areas
- 8:40am - students move across to Lower Moora Park
- 8:50am - service begins
- 10:00am - morning tea at the College
- Students may wear their sports uniform to school that day, except for those young men who are participating in the service, they will be required to wear their formal uniform.
CROSS COUNTRY INFORMATION
10:20am - 10:30am
- Students move to House areas for briefing
- Students then make their way on foot to Curlew in House Groups
- No bags are to be taken to Curlew, students only need their hat and a water bottle
- On arrival at Curlew students assemble in House Areas
- A sausage sizzle will be provided to all students for lunch
- At the conclusion of the Year 12 Race all students will gather in clean up area
- Students will walk back to the College in House Groups along Rainbow and Yundah Street
- Students will be dismissed as normal by their House Deans in their House meeting areas
- The Inter-House Cross Country Carnival day is a special event day. A medical certificate is required to explain a student absence. All absent student’s will be required to show their Group Tutor a medical certificate.
- Students who are injured and cannot compete are to assist Mr Nethery and Mr Kearney during the competition.
- Dress will be full PE/Sports Uniform (House sport shirts only, H&PE Shorts, white socks, sandshoes and hat). Year 12 students may wear their House Senior Shirts.
- Under the direction of House Dean and Group Tutor’s staff and students walk to Curlew Park. No student is to drive to Curlew.
- Age group winners will be presented at a following College Assembly.
- Please understand that families are not to collect their son before 3.00pm. Requesting to take your son early is disrespectful to the other competitors and unfair to the rest of our community.
Parents and families are welcome to join us at Curlew Park to spectate.
Shore 2 Gate
Thank you to our young men who participated so enthusiastically in today's Shore 2 Gate event.
If your son has not returned his Shore 2 Gate card or the money he raised, could you please make sure this is handed into the College as a matter of urgency.