01 February 2019
← From the Deputy Principal
From the Deputy Principal
A sense of excitement was certainly evident on Wednesday as St Patrick’s College welcomed over 200 new students. I hope the extended break has been refreshing and relaxing for you all.
With the return of school, it brings with it some historical problems, in particular the volume of traffic around the College during drop off and pick up. The safety of the students is paramount, if we can follow a few simple rules:
- No double parking
- No dropping off and picking up in driveways or bus zones
- Use the two minute areas on Park Avenue and Yundah Street
- No access to the College through Twamley Street
- No parking in the Seaview Building Car Park - this is for Staff Only
The staff all returned a week earlier to a number of professional development days that will guide their practices throughout 2019:
The main Professional Development themes included:
- Catholicism in the 21 Century
- Marzano’s “The New Art and Science of Teaching”
- Use of data to focus our teaching strategies
- Child Protection and EREA Code of Conduct policies
- Differentiation practices in the classroom
- Introduction to the Behaviour Development policies of the College
The College would certainly like to welcome the following staff who have joined our community in various roles:
- Ms Ralda Deoki - Director Pedagogy and Learning Innovation
- Mrs Celia King - Director Junior School
- Mrs Sarah Ferguson - Teacher of Business Studies and Economics
- Mr Trent Sellars - Teacher of Humanities and Business
12 Months Contract 2019
- Mr Samuel Sprenger - Teacher of Mathematics and Science
- Mr Steven Wallace - Teacher of Religion and English
- Mr Paul Pollock - Teacher of English
- Ms Celeste Cook - Teacher of Mathematics
- Mr Matthew Ingram - Sports Performance Coordinator
The College also welcomes back Mrs Lorraine O’Sullivan, Mr Michael Bramwell, Mr Aaron Kerr, Mr Bernie Haughey and Mr Paul Toohey who have all returned from extended leave.
Student Protection Contacts
As part of our commitment to child protection, safety and wellbeing, St Patrick’s College has appointed a number of Student Protection Contacts as honest, mature, ethical and experienced members of the College community who can deal with sensitive issues relating to child protection and safety.
Our Student Protection Contacts are available to answer any questions that you may have with respect to our Statement of Commitment to Child Safety and Wellbeing and the Child Protection Program.
Our Child Protection Program provides detailed guidance for all members of the College community for identifying key risk indicators of child abuse and how to report child abuse to nominated Student Protection Contacts. Where the concern relates to the Principal or Deputy, a report to the EREA Regional Director via the EREA National Office at (03) 9426 3200. The Program also contains detailed procedures with respect to the reporting of child abuse incidents to relevant external authorities.
Staff, Volunteers, Third Party Contractors, External Education Providers, students, parents/carers or other community members who have concerns that a child may be subject to abuse are asked to contact one of the College’s Student Protection Contacts.
Mr Chris Mayes - Ph36319000 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr Frank Torrisi - Ph 36319084 or email@example.com
Mr Darren Kearney - Ph 36319075 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs Janet Garside - Ph 36319056 or email@example.com
Mr John Zappala - Ph 36319000 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs Amira Bosnjak - Ph 36319000 or email@example.com
Communications will be treated confidentially on a “need to know basis”.
Whenever there are concerns that a child is in immediate danger the Police should be called on 000.
There are a number of information evenings occurring over the next couple of weeks, it is recommended that you son attends these information evening in full school uniform.
Monday 4 February:
- 4:45-6:30pm College and House Welcome Night for New Families (Christian Brothers Building)
- 6:30-7:15pm Year 7 Parent Information Evening (Christian Brothers Building)
- 6:30-7:15pm Year 5 and 6 Classroom Parent Information Evening
Tuesday 5 February:
- Cricket, Volleyball and AFL Spirit Assembly 2;00pm (Christian Brothers Building)
Wednesday 6 February:
- Year 11 Information Evening 6:00-7:15pm (Christian Brothers Building)
- Year 10 Information Evening 6:00-7:15pm (Callan Centre)
Friday 8 February:
- College Year 12 Induction Mass 8:50am (Christian Brothers Building)
Monday 11 February:
- Year 12 Leadership Afternoon (All Students) 3:15-5:30pm
- Year 12 Parent and Son Information Evening 6:00-7:15pm (Christian Brothers Building
- Year 9 Rite Journey Parent Information Evening 5:30–6:30pm (Callan Centre)
If you as a parent have any concerns, please do not hesitate to contact the relevant staff. We strongly promote the partnership between home and school.