27 January 2017
← From the Deputy Principal
From the Deputy Principal
A sense of excitement was certainly evident on Wednesday as St Patrick’s College welcomed over 200 new students. I hope the extended break has been refreshing and relaxing for you all.
With the return of school, it brings with it some historical problems; in particular with the volume of traffic around the College during drop off and pick up. The safety of the students is paramount, if we can follow a few simple rules:
- No double parking
- No dropping off and picking up in driveways or bus zones
- Use the two minute areas on Park and Yundah
- No access to the College through Twamley street.
Our staff who returned last week earlier have been engaged in a number of professional development days that will guide their practices throughout 2017:
The main Professional Development themes included:
- Catholicism in the 21 Century
- Marzano’s “The Art and Science of Teaching”
- Use of data to focus our teaching strategies
- Chid Protection and EREA Code of Conduct policies
- St Patrick’s College Improvement focus in particular in reading.
- Fostering a growth mindset in students.
The College would certainly like to welcome the following staff who have joined our community in various roles:
- Karen Cantwell: Head of Curriculum- Science
- Rick Waldron: Senior Science/Maths Teacher
- Susan Maddock: English/RE Teacher
- Vikramjit Singh: Senior Maths
- Coralie Bolton: Learning Support Teacher
- Theresa Smith: Learning Support Aide
- Robin Verwey: Learning Support Area
- Karen Anderson: Learning Support Aide
- Pam Brooks: PA Dean of Administration and Business Intelligence
- Dianne Twist: Office Administration
12 Months 2017
- Monique Matthews: Performing Arts/Instrumental Music/ RE Teacher
- Kane McNally: Music Teacher
- Travis Dewan: Year 6 Teacher
- Adrian Brown: Maths/HPE Teacher
Semester 1 2017
- Ashleigh Walker: Science/Maths Teacher
- Tom Christie: HPE Teacher
Term 1 2017
- Leigh Wissmann: Art/FTV Teacher
- Marcus McConnell: Music Teacher
- Andrew Ellison: Maths Teacher
- Tayla Michael: Year 7 Teacher
- Annette Holmes: Science/Maths Teacher
- The College also welcomes back Mrs Katerina Tilley, Mrs Grace Gillions and Mrs Anne-Louise Newman from leave.
There a number of important events and Information Evenings occurring over the next couple of weeks, emails have already been sent home for a number of these events to the relevant Year level parents, with more to follow over the coming days. Please ensure you check your emails regularly as this is our main method of disseminating important information.
Monday 30 January
- 5.30pm - 6.30pm : House Welcome Night New Families
- 6.30pm - 7.15pm : Year 5 & 6 Classroom Parent information Evening
- 6.30pm - 7.15pm : Year 9 Rite Journey parent Information Evening
- 6.30pm - 7.15pm : Year 7 Parent Information Evening
- Cricket and Volley Ball Spirit Assembly
Wednesday 1 February
- Year 11 Information Evening
Friday 3 February
- College Yr 12 Induction Mass
Monday 6 February
- Year 12 Leadership Afternoon
- Year 12 Parent and Son Information Evening
If you as a parent have any concerns please do not hesitate to contact the relevant staff. We strongly promote the partnership between home and school.